- by post at Event Masters NV, Venusstraat 7, 2830 Willebroek, c/o Data Protection Officer;
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal details of suppliers, clients and those interested in our company are protected by the ‘Wet van 8 december 1992 tot bescherming van de persoonlijke levenssfeer ten opzichte van de verwerking van persoonsgegevens’ and by the current European Regulation from 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data.
Personal data is understood to mean any details that relate to an identified or identifiable natural person. Identifiable refers to identification details (such as name, ID number, location data, etc.) that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you (as a natural person).
- Goals for the processing of personal data
- If you are a new or existing client, we use your personal data to communicate about our event-related services and about your current event. This is in the framework of processing on the basis of an agreement. We also use your data to send you newsletters and invitations. This is based on reasons of legitimate interest. This is further explained below in Point 1.6.
- If you are a new or existing supplier, we use your personal data to request quotes and to communicate with you about the status of an event. In some cases, we also give these details to the client to guarantee the successful running of their event. We also use your details to send you newsletters and invitations. This is based on reasons of legitimate interest. This is further explained below in Point 1.6.
- When you’re interested in our event agency and our services and have indicated this (e.g. by filling in the contact form on the website or by subscribing to our newsletter), we use your personal details to communicate with you about our company and our services.
- We collect personal data (via Google Analytics) and cookies to provide & improve, and to continuously optimise the user experience of our website. This processing is needed to guarantee the security and performance of our website. The collection of personal data via Google Analytics is also used to measure traffic on our website.
- For legal reasons, it is sometimes necessary to use your personal data to fulfil our legal obligations. This is described in the applicable legislation.
- There are a number of legal reasons that Event Masters may have to process your data:
- Consent: the involved party has given consent for one or more specific goals.
- Vital interests: if it is vitally important for the involved, we may process these details (e.g. urgent medical emergency).
- Legal obligation: e.g. bookkeeping details are legally required to be stored for seven years.
- Contractual: the processing is necessary for the execution of the agreement. This is when the involved is a party to the agreement.
- General interest.
- Legitimate interest:
- We always weigh the interest against the privacy of the involved party.
- The processing must still be necessary for the Head of Processing.
The GDPR literally states that the processing of personal data for direct marketing can be considered to be a legitimate interest. If you are still present in our sending lists for the receipt of marketing material in paper and/or electronic form, Event Masters can use your data for sending marketing and other material related to the event-related services of our company. This consent can be withdrawn at any moment, without motivation, and for free, by, for example, clicking on the unsubscribe link provided for this reason towards the bottom of every promotional email message. Read more about your rights in Point 5.
- Which personal details we process and how we acquire these personal details
We can divide the methods by which we acquire your personal data into three categories.
- Category 1: personal data that you share with us.
- Category 2: personal data acquired through use of our website.
- Category 3: personal data acquired by third parties.
- Category 1: Personal data that you share with us. Which personal data we process and how we gather it depends on which sub-category you belong to.
- You are an existing or a new supplier.
We have acquired personal data from you because (i) you have presented yourself as a supplier; (ii) Event Masters requested a quote for your services; (iii) you contacted us via our contact form on our website; (iv) you contacted us via email or telephone; or (v) you subscribed to our newsletters via Facebook or our website. In these cases, we process the following personal details: your surname and first name, company name, telephone number, email address, address, invoicing details and possible other personal details that are required to be able to offer our services to our client or for a contractual commitment if we are making use of your services. The details that we request are necessary to allow further communication. In no case does it concern sensitive information.
- You are an existing or new client.
We have acquired these personal details from you because (i) you made a request to Event Masters for our services; (ii) Event Masters has used your public details to contact you with the question of whether you are interested in our services; (iii) you contacted us via the contact form on our website; (iv) you contacted us via email or telephone; or (v) you subscribed to our newsletter via Facebook or our website. In these cases, we process the following personal details: your surname and first name, company name, telephone number, email address, address, invoicing details and possible other data that is required to be able to offer our services to you as a client of for a contractual commitment if you make use of our services. The details that we request are necessary to allow for further communication. In no case does it concern sensitive information.
- You are interested in our company and in our services as an event agency.
We have acquired your personal details from you because (i) you contacted our company via the contact form on our website; (ii) you enrolled for our newsletter via the website or via Facebook; (iii) you made telephone contact with us; (iv) you contacted us via email; (v) you participated in an event for which we were a partner. The data that we request is necessary to allow further communication. It refers to your surname, name, company, telephone number, gender and email address. In no case does it concern sensitive information.
- Category 2: Personal data acquired through use of our website.
- Acquired during use of the website. Via a Google Analytics tracker on our website, certain information from you is registered. This is anonymized and cannot in any way be linked to a natural person.
- Category 3: Personal data acquired through third parties
Through third parties, Event Masters comes into contact with your personal data. We can acquire this data in three different ways. In all cases, we use the data following the GDPR legislation. We also assume that the third party is in line with the legislation and has asked permission to further distribute the data.
- Data acquired via the client
For a quick, smooth execution of the agreement with the client, personal data is provided by the client to the party executing the agreement, which is Event Masters in this case. The client sets the goals for the processing of the data and is also responsible for this. Event Masters guarantees the correct processing of this data through its personnel and at all times maintains to uphold organisational and technical measures such as secure computers and the deletion of personal data after the completion of the agreement.
- Data received via partner events.
Event Masters also organises events in collaboration with chosen partners. These are corporate events for which Event Masters calls on its own database to invite its guests. Upon enrolling at the event, the question is asked of whether the invitee would like to be included in the database and/or receive newsletters. These invitees can be invitees of the partner or of Event Masters. Personal data will be processed only if explicit consent is given upon enrolment. Event Masters is not responsible for its partners They too are required to process data correctly and we also close agreements with them.
- Data acquired through participation in fairs and exhibitions.
When participating at fairs or exhibitions, participant lists are often distributed to stand holders. We do not record this data in our database. It can be used to invite people to a subsequent fair or exhibition in the same sector and business.
Data from categories 1 and 3 is always stored in our central database: Teamleader. Teamleader also meets the privacy legislation and guarantees the security of your data at all times. From Teamleader, there is a link with MailChimp, a service we use to keep you informed of the goings on in our company through newsletters and invitations (when you give your explicit consent for us to do so).
MailChimp is also obliged to meet requirements of the new privacy legislation. Invoicing data is recorded in our bookkeeping system, Exact Online, and is necessary to guarantee the correct invoicing of our company and suppliers.
If you have already been recorded in our mailing list for the receipt of marketing material in paper and/or electronic form, Event Masters can use your data for the mailing of marketing and other material relating to Event Masters services.
This consent can be withdrawn at any time, without motivation, and for free, by, for example, clicking on the unsubscribe link that is near the end of every message.
A special rule applies for data from Category 3, Sub-category 2.3.1: data acquired by the client. After completion of the contract between the client and Event Masters, personal data is stored by our cloud provider in the archive for indeterminate time. These details, aside from the data of the client themselves, are not stored in our database.
At any time, you can call on the rights you have as described in Point 6 of this privacy statement.
- How long do we keep this personal data?
Personal data provided by you (from categories 1 or 2), is stored until such time as you unsubscribe from our communication. Personal data that is used for the execution of the event is kept on our server in the archive unless the client desires otherwise. Bookkeeping data is, following legal requirements, kept for seven (7) years.
- Provision of data to third parties
To be able to provide our services, we may have to provide your data to third parties.
- External service providers
- For our customer relation management, we use Teamleader, in which your details are stored.
- For sending mail-outs, we use MailChimp.
- Our cloud platform is Google Inc.
- We are hosted by Laravel.
- Our bookkeeping system is Exact Online.
If you would like more information about how your personal data is used, we refer you to their privacy policies.
- If you are a client of Event Masters, we can forward your data to suppliers in order to be able to supply our services. This always occurs in relation to the project being worked on.
- If you are a supplier, we can forward data to our client to be able to supply our services.
- Event Masters does not make personal data publicly available to our social media partners. We do make use of social media plug-ins. These social media channels are Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and Vimeo. When you share something on our website, a service provider can collect personal data about you via social media. In such a case, the social media service provider functions as a manager and we refer you to their privacy policies.
- In order to process your personal data, we give our employees access to your personal data.
- Your rights
- The right to access and inspection: You have the right to knowledge of your personal data, for free and at any time. We are required to extend this right in an accessible and clear manner.
- Right to correction, removal and limitation: You always have the right to request to correct, complete or remove your personal data. You recognise that by refusing the distribution or requesting deletion of personal data, certain services and products are no longer able to be provided. You may still request to limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right to protest: You have the right to protest against the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. As well as this, you have the right to protest against the use of personal data for direct-marketing goals: in such cases, you do not need to provide any reasons.
- Right to free data transfer: You have the right to receive your personal data that has been processed by us in a structured, customary and commonly used machine-readable form and/or to transfer it to other responsible persons.
- Right to withdraw consent: Insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw consent.
- Exercising your rights: You can exercise your rights by contacting us:
- by email at email@example.com;
- by post to Event Masters, Venusstraat 7, 2830 Willebroek;
- by making use of the ‘Contact us’ section of the website.
- Right to submit a complaint: You have the right to submit a complaint to the Belgian Privacy Commission: Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International data transfer
Event Masters also organises incentives. From the smooth running of these events, we are sometimes required to give your personal data to suppliers outside Belgium. This only occurs with the knowledge of the client. We use the personal data only with the previously established goals that are set by the client. Examples include booking flight tickets. Countries that fall under European law are also required to meet GDPR regulations. For third countries (countries that are not under European law or a similar level of protection in terms of privacy), an EU model agreement has been closed in which these third countries are required to perform to the obligations stipulated in the GDPR.